Friday 3 March 2017

An emotional morning

Whilst Harlow was napping on me this morning I put on a recorded episode of Country file a winter special as I love looking at the hills and animals but now I regret watching it.

They where talking about cattle whilst standing with them and they where discussing the profits the farmers will get and touching the cattle and saying how much meat they will give from certain areas of it's body. It really made me sad and then on a different clip they where talking about sheep in the lake district and once again they where discussing the meat they will produce, they then make one of the sheep get into a cage which weighs them and then they spray the sheep, I'm assuming that meant they are nearly ready for slaughter :(. This really affected me. I just started crying and couldn't stop. The sheep looked so innocent and clearly uncomfortable and whilst it is standing there patiently, they are discussing its death and the money they make from it right in front of it :( ,completely disrespectful. 

I know that's what happens but it's a living breathing animal with thoughts, emotions and social skills. We are all aware It happens but that doesn't make it right. The slaughter or murder of animals for food has become so normalised that people do not even question it. I was watching kids tv this morning with Harlow and they humanise the cartoon animals and give them human voices and chores and do basic every day activities and kids love them, the parents then buy the merchandise for their children and come sunday they sit down to a beef, lamb, chicken or pork roast? Are the children actually aware that they are eating their favourite cartoon character? Can children even link the two?? I know I didn't at a young age. It's so wrong :(

Like I said I know these things go on in the world but it doesn't make it right. I am also aware that I can not save all the animals, that's what makes It so hard.

Sorry this isn't a happy post but this is just some of the frustration and anger I feel towards this topic and I don't for one minute believe if you eat meat your a bad person but I do know we don't need animals to live off. I think more education on the subject needs to be given so we can all start seeing what is happening and start making a change. 

Thanks for visiting  me xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment