Tuesday 7 March 2017

Upcoming Content..

My blog has never had much structure to it because I was never that serious or dedicated to it, but I hadn't done a post for such a long time and I realised how much I missed sitting there typing away to you all and now I FINALLY have my own laptop the only things keeping me away is motherhood and house work :( booo!

So over the last few weeks I have been doing a lot of thinking, this tends to happen when you don't have many adults to converse with haha. My thoughts somehow bought me to realise I want to be more self sufficient. I was sitting with Pippa outside a CO-OP branch near mine and I saw an advertisement for vegetables and it was advertising certain bags of veg for under 80p - Can't think of the exact price and it got me thinking about how expensive it actually is in the long run.

So my thought process then became- GROW YOUR OWN! My dad has his own allotment and it is still in the beginning process as it requires so much attention and preparation and he only has so much free time and lets face it the UK climate doesn't really help much, and so I'm used to hearing what he has grown or is growing and I became rather envious that he has all that space. I am very creative and I have dabbled in growing veg in my previous garden but it was too hot and my plants soon dried up and died in the little green house I had so I soon gave that short-lived hobby up, until now.

So in this new house it is slightly more difficult as my garden doesn't get full sun like the last one and what little patio we do have doesn't get much of that sun at all- My garden is big but it's mainly grass so I will be using pots and containers to grow my veg as I wanted them off the grass - mainly to reduce the chance of bugs and pests getting at my crops. So I will be talking about my struggles and successes of that venture which I'm looking forward to as well as tips and tricks to save you money.

The next lot of new content you will see more of will be recipes. Sweet and savoury and all VEGAN :). My sister can not have wheat or dairy in her diet so my next challenge is to try and make some very tasty vegan gluten free recipes not only for her but for you also. But feel free to make any of my recipes gluten free by swapping certain items to accommodate your dietary needs. I am also thinking of looking up popular recipes and doing reviews on them- this is just a thought for now.

So lots of new content is coming and the recipes are delicious and cheap. That is what I am focusing on, we are not all rich and even if you have enough money to buy certain brands or get take outs, we could all to with reducing our food bills- Darren informed me that last month we spent £300+ on food alone. Yet when we want food there never seems to be much to eat. So I have set myself a goal of reducing that bill by a huge amount and in April we will keep our receipts in hope of seeing a reduction and by how much. Along with the recipes I will talk about cupboard staples, items I use every day and the more expensive items I stock up on and why.

Apart from the veg growing and recipes I will talk about other aspects of my life - about being a mum, being vegan and other menial tasks.

I wanted to quickly mention that you will find a couple of recipes on my blog that are not vegan and that's because I only went vegan at the end of 2015, I don't want to delete it as that was part of who I am and I don't want to change that, but going forward it will be all vegan and it will most likely say vegan in the title just to reassure you.

I love writing to you so if you are interested then show your support by coming back to visit me :)

lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment